Neilston came from behind to earn a draw with East Kilbride Thistle at Brig O’Lea Stadium, writes Dougie Droy.

It was a lacklustre performance as they continued their push for promotion and stay fourth in the league table with games in hand over the top three.

Neilston had several players missing due to injuries and other commitments.

They gave new signing, McKinlay his first home debut in the only change from last week’s win at Shotts

East Kilbride began the game on the front foot and Morgan put his header just by the post from a McLean’s cross in the sixth minute, then McKean found Gilliespie, whose effort was cleared off line.

Neilston’s first opportunity of the game arrived in the 16th minute but Paul Stewart put the free-kick well over the bar.

At the other end, Robert Tiropoulos saved well from Ryan’s header as the visitors looked likely to score the first goal.

The visitors got their deserved lead in the 40th minute when Hadden cut inside to fire a looping shot over Robert Tiropoulos into the top corner.

Just before the interval, Martin Campbell was sent to the pavilion by the referee after the co-manager challenged one of his calls.

Neilston had the ball in the net at the start of the second half, but Paul Stewart was judged to be offside by the referee.

Minutes later he missed a great chance to equalise from Fletcher’s flick-on and put his shot wide.

On the hour Neilston made their first change with Lewis Lovering replacing Hamish McKinlay and continued to be on the front foot.

The Farmer’s Boys equalized in the 75th minute when Kieran McDade’s header was turned round the post by Meek.

From the resulting corner, Paul Young bulleted his header home from six yards out.

They were denied taking the lead when Paul Stewart broke through to see his shot blocked by the feet of the keeper.

Neilston’s sub Lewis Lovering had the last chance of the game but put his shot just wide of the post.

The bus will leave Brig O’Lea on Saturday at 12 for the short trip to Beith for the West of Scotland Cup tie.

Neilston: Tiropoulos, McDade, Payne, Clark, Young, Docherty, McKinlay (Lovering), McBryde, Fletcher, Stewart, Curren.

Subs not used Convery, Milne, Dow and G/K Kelly

Man of the match – Robert Tiropoulos.