Provision of Disabled Persons Parking Places THE MERTON (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSONS) (NO. *) ORDER 201* THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (A1) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 201* THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (CW)Notice ID: SUT0585722
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON Provision of Disabled Persons Parking Places THE MERTON (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSONS) (NO. *) ORDER 201* THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (A1) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 201* THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (CW)
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton under the powers conferred by sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended, propose to make the above mentioned Orders.
2. The general effect of the above mentioned "Free Parking Places" Order would be to: -
(a) designate parking places on the carriageway at the locations listed In the Schedule to this Notice In which vehicles authorised by the Order may be left for any period without charge;
(b) provide that the parking places would operate at all times, unless otherwise stated;
(c) specify, in respect of the parking places, that vehicles displaying in the relevant position, a disabled persons badge (commonly referred to as "the Blue Badge") issued by any local authority under the provisions of the Disabled Persons (Badges for Motor Vehicles) Regulations 2000 may be left therein;
(d) provide that certain vehicles may wait in the parking places in certain circumstances, e.g. to allow persons to board or alight (maximum 2 minutes), to load or unload (maximum 20 minutes), etc.
3. The general effect of the "Parking Places Amendment" Orders would be to shorten in length existing permit parking places in Abbott Avenue, Boundary Road, Dupont Road and Norman Road to facilitate the installation of disabled persons parking places in those roads.
4. A copy of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, including plans which indicate each length of road to which the Orders relate can be inspected Monday to Friday during normal office hours
at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey.
5. Any person desiring to comment on the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their representations or objections and the grounds thereof, to the Environment and Regeneration Department at the Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX, or alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ES/DPPP16, no later than 11 May 2018.
Dated 19 April 2018.
place) situated in the length of Herbert Road specified in subparagraph 2(a) above will be suspended for the duration of the works in that length of road.
4. The restrictions will only apply during such times and to such extent as will from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5. Pedestrian access to properties adjacent to the restricted length of road or at the cul-de-sac end of Herbert Road will be maintained insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. Pedestrians affected by the footway closure should proceed via the adjacent footway.
7. Herbert Road is a cul-de-sac and a diversion route for vehicular traffic is not required.
8. Nothing in the Order will apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
9. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
10. The Order will come into force on Wednesday 25 April 2018 and it is anticipated that works will be completed that day between the hours of 8am and 5pm. However, the Order will remain in force for two weeks should further works be required.
Dated 19 April, 2018.
PAUL MCGARRY Head of futureMerton London Borough of Merton
Telephone: 020 8274 4901
Merton Civic Centre London Road, Morden Surrey SM4 5DX