IT’S been a busy week for Barrhead YFC with their teams in action in some crucial ties as the season reaches its conclusion.

Barrhead YFC 2003 Reds warmed up for their Scottish Cup final clash with Banks O'Dee Albion on Sunday (kick-off 1.30pm at Airdrie's Excelsior Stadium) by firing seven past Erskine.

Erskine 2003 1 Barrhead YFC 2003 Reds 7

Barrhead were in fine form in their last competitive game before the Scottish Cup final this as they hit seven at Erskine.

Barrhead went 1-0 up within the first two minutes. Ross Ingram slammed home a right-footed shot to give Barrhead the lead. This lead was doubled before half-time as Lewis Hobbs picked up a loose ball on the right of Erskine’s box and finished well.

Barrhead were resting a few players to recover from injury but it was a battling performance in poor weather conditions. A hat-trick from Paul O’Hare and two goals from Lewis Barclay in the second half completed a comprehensive victory.

Barrhead YFC 2001s 1 Broomhill 2002s 1

A SENSATIONAL Euan Corry goal with just six minutes to go secured a point for Barrhead.

The game was evenly contested in the first half and at the interval it was goalless. The second period started in a similar vein with the Barrhead goalkeeper making two good saves.

Barrhead then got a foothold in the game and created two good chances only to lose a goal from a corner with 15 minutes remaining.

Barrhead equalised with six minutes to go after a great run from Corry, who fed the ball into the feet of Kyle Elrick. Elrick flicked a through ball back to Corry who stroked the ball into the bottom corner off the post.

Barrhead YFC Sky Blues 10 Oban Saints 0

Barrhead Sky Blues hit a perfect 10 to finish off another week of playing three games in six days.

The Sky Blues got off to a flyer with the Barrhead strikers Logan Elliott and Ciaran McMichael hitting two goals each within the first 30 minutes, before Andrew Lappin fired in the fifth just before half-time.

Barrhead started off the second half sharply with a goal four minutes after the break by Adam Still before Baillie Kinnear found the net two minutes later.

The Sky Blues didn’t let up as Jordan Rome scored Barrhead’s eighth goal in the 44th minute. The scoring was completed by two penalties. Sky Blues keeper Lewis Anderson scored the first and Aidan Junner netted the second.