BARRHEAD YFC Reds booked their place in another cup final with a 14-0 rout of Broomhill in the West Region Cup semi-final at Cowan Park on Saturday.

The 2003 side already have a Scottish Cup final to look forward to and are still in the hunt to retain the league title in what could be a trophy-laden season for the Barrhead boys.

Barrhead were as clinical in front of goal as the scoreline suggests, their passing and speed of attack was impossible for the away side to deal with.

Broomhill worked hard but were unable to contain the driving runs of Paul O’Hare and the finishing of Joshua Groden and Sam Lochhead. Barrhead went into the break 6-0 ahead.

In the second half, three goals from Paul O’Hare, a brace from Ross Ingram and one each from Matthew Sorley, Lewis Barclay and Adam Unsworth allowed Barrhead to run out convincing winners.

Selected other Barrhead YFC results from the weekend were as follows:

West Park 3 Barrhead YFC 21s 1

Barrhead dropped another three points on Saturday against a strong West Park side who are in the hunt for league honours.

Barrhead nearly took the lead in a very tight first half, but Stevenson’s header came back off the crossbar and a good penalty shout was also denied.

But it was the home side who took the lead when Barrhead surrendered possession on the half-way line and some quick passing ended with a good finish to give West Park a 1-0 lead at the break.

Into the second half and Barrhead started much better and were level after a well worked corner, Etherson’s header hit the woodwork and Stevenson finished the rebound.

Parity didn’t last long when on 66 minutes the home side went ahead with a slice of good fortune. A mishit cross from the right looped over McMaster into the top corner to make it 2-1.

Barrhead then went three at the back and had a go to get back level, but a lack of quality in the final third meant they were unable to make the breakthrough and the home side snatched a third on a counter attack in the final minutes.

Hillwood BC 3 Barrhead YFC Sky Blues 4

Ciaran McMichael was the hero for Barrhead Sky Blues as he netted the winner in a seven-goal thriller against Hillwood.

The Sky Blues took an early lead in the fourth minute with a pass through the defence to Logan Elliott who finished well.

The lead didn't last as Hillwood levelled after 11 minutes. Barrhead took the lead again with a great strike from Baillie Kinnear from just outside the left edge of the penalty box before Hillwood levelled again after 18 minutes with a long-range effort.

In the last minute of the first half Barrhead went ahead again after a pass over the defence from McMichael found Jac Mcmillan and he calmly slotted home to make it 2-3 at half-time. Hillwood equalised again straight after half-time. But Barrhead got the winner when McMichael took the ball past a few Hillwood players before smashing it past the goalkeeper.