A BARRHEAD man suffered horrific injuries when a fun night out with loved ones ended in bloody violence.

Andrew Kelly, 20, was rushed to hospital for treatment to a fractured skull after being brutally beaten by a gang of thugs.

He had been enjoying a night out with his brother and cousin when the vicious attack took place at a bar in Glasgow city centre.

Andrew was pushed to the ground and repeatedly punched in the face, with at least one of the attackers trying to gouge his eyes out.

Stacey Goodwin, who is Andrew’s cousin, posted a shocking photograph of his injuries on social media, with the snap being shared more than 3,000 times.

She told the Barrhead News the family are keen to bring attention to the attack, which is said to have been unprovoked, in the hope the culprits will be caught.

Stacey said: “Andrew’s face is even worse than it is in the picture.

“We want it out there, so people can see what happened to him.”

The attack took place at the Campus bar, in Sauchiehall Street, in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Sales assistant Andrew suffered a fractured cheekbone, two black eyes and a number of cuts.

He was taken by ambulance to Glasgow Royal Infirmary but was able to be released after treatment.

Stacey said: “A few of the

family were out but it seems to be Andrew who got the brunt of it.

“He is just a big, friendly giant and generally very quiet. He wouldn’t harm a fly.

“Our cousin was in hospital too, with a black eye and a big lump on his head.

“Andrew’s brother was pinned up against a wall as well.”

Stacey said the attack has left Andrew with both physical and mental scars.

“He has had such a big fright,” she added. “He has been drawn into himself.”

Stacey has also thanked people who have rallied round to support Andrew.

She said: “People have been very supportive and the response that it got on Facebook was just amazing.”

Police are now investigating the events surrounding the attack and are keen to hear from any witnesses who were in Campus at the time the attack took place.

Detective Constable Andy Shields said: “Officers have been carrying out inquiries into this incident and we are following a number of lines of inquiry.

“We believe that a few people in the club may have filmed this disturbance on their phones and I would ask them, and any other witnesses, to come forward to police.”

A spokeswoman for Campus said: “Unfortunately, at the moment, the management team cannot comment on the matter.”

Anyone with information that might help detectives is asked to call the police through the non-emergency number on 101, quoting reference number 0299 of January 20.