A SPURNED lover who bombarded her Barrhead toyboy with hundreds of unwanted messages after he dumped her appeared in court yesterday.

Deborah Pringle, 48, struggled to accept her fling with 23-year-old Jason Gillespie was over.

She then plagued him with phone calls, texts and emails.

Pringle, who was born in Scotland but moved to America and holds dual citizenship, contacted Mr Gillespie 200 times in just three days.

And, when he refused to answer her calls, she began phoning him from a withheld number to dupe him into answering.

She also turned up at his parents’ home in the early hours of the morning, hoping to speak with him, but was sent on her way by his dad.

The details emerged yesterday when Pringle appeared in the dock at Paisley Sheriff Court for a pre-trial hearing and pleaded guilty to the single charge against her.

She admitted engaging in a course of conduct which caused Mr Gillespie, of Newton Avenue, fear or alarm by repeatedly sending him text messages and emails, phoning him and going to his parents’ home uninvited.

The charge stated the offence was aggravated by involving the abuse of her ex-partner.

Procurator fiscal depute Pamela Flynn said: “The complainer met the now accused online. They began conversing with each other. They both decided to meet up.

“A sexual relationship developed for both of them.

“The now accused and the complainer would spend periods of time with each other in hotel rooms within Glasgow.

“Both parties were content with the relationship the way it was.

“In June 2018, an argument began to develop between them and, as a result, Mr Gillespie wanted contact with the accused to end.

“In July, he began to receive a copious amount of messages, telephone calls and emails from the accused. There were over 200 between July 29 and July 31.

“The messages were just minutes apart and she was also stating in the messages that she would harm herself should he not respond.”

As Pringle continued to send messages to Mr Gillespie, he responded by telling her to leave him alone.

He then went to the police.

Defence solicitor Iain Bradley told Sheriff Tom McCartney: “Their relationship was limited to sexual contact between them. It was simply repeated sexual contact.

“She is Scottish but lived and worked in the United States. She has dual citizenship.”

Pringle told the judge she was going back to America from the beginning of December until early January and would be unable to return to court during that time for sentencing.

Sheriff McCartney then told Pringle to be of good behaviour for three months and deferred sentence on her until February for her to stay out of trouble.

On the next occasion, he will also decide whether Pringle, who is banned from contacting Mr Gillespie under her bail conditions, should be made the subject of a Non-Harassment Order, which would see her banned from contacting him for a specified period of time.